So what is the Liebster award? I didn’t win a million dollars sadly, but the Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize other up-and-coming bloggers. (By the way, ‘liebster’ is a German word meaning ‘dearest’).
So how do you accept a Liebster nomination? Simple, you create a post containing the following information:
- Link Back to the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5 or more bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer Questions posted by you from your nominator.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Create 11 Questions for your nominees to answer.
- Contact your nominees and let them know you’ve nominated them.
- Shelby from January Mama
- Kalley from Blogging While Nursing
- Therena from Little Bit of Paint
- Jessica from Sloppy Copy Mommy
- Ophelia from Latina Mama Rama
Jade, from Mama Love Diaries asked:
- What made you start blogging? I wanted to share my random ramblings of all the crazy crap that happens in my everyday life.
- What is your favorite post thus far and why? Hey New Mom, You’re Doing a Great Job! I got so many thank you emails and positive comments on that post. I wanted to let other moms know they were doing a great job when they may have felt like failures.
- What is one of your guilty pleasures? Sleeping in – I never get to! Wait, sleep would be a guilty pleasure!
- Where is your favorite vacation spot? I went to Punta Cana for my honeymoon, it’s my favorite romantic vacation spot.
- What is your all time favorite beauty product? Coconut oil
- Link and/or picture of something you are dying to have. A kid-free, grub-free car or mom cave!
- If you could have lived in any other decade, which one would it be and why. The Wild West! I think the exploring would be awesome. I love reading about Colorado’s history and ghost stories from that period.
- Where is your favorite place to eat? I really prefer local restaurants over chains.
- Which celebrity most matches your personality? I’d like to think Miranda Lambert.
- What is your favorite television show? Property Brothers
- What is one word that makes you cringe? I probably shouldn’t share that one.
Courtney from The Crunchy Delinquent asked:
- What’s your all time favorite food? Lobster. Is lobster included with this award?
- If you could live anywhere on earth where would it be? Somewhere tropical with mountains.
- What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment? Having three kids and remaining somewhat sane.
- What’s your dream home look like? I dig Spanish Mediterranean style homes. I’d love a big gated courtyard!
- Smart phone or dumb phone? Smart
- What was your favorite toy as a child? Crimp and curl Cabbage Patch Doll
- Do you like being outdoors? Why or why not? I’m a Colorado native, Florida transplant. I miss my mountain and outdoor lifestyle this time of year. I have great memories of camping, fishing, hiking and biking.
- Why did you start blogging? Because the web needed some random ramblings.
- Are you working at your dream job right now? And if you aren’t what is your dream job? I really wanted to a publicist in Nashville, but now I am working towards a new dream job.
- What was your most embarrassing moment that your willing to post on your blog? I broke my little toe in all three of my pregnancies.
- What’s your top pet peeve? Lying!
11 random facts about me:
- I LOVED when my hair was candy apple red. If it wouldn’t fade so fast, I would keep it that color.
- I’ve crushed on Tim McGraw since I was 15-years-old.
- I would run out and buy a Honda full sized SUV if they made one.
- When I was dating, I preferred boys who drove trucks over sports cars.
- I’m a girlie girl and pink is my favorite color.
- I was a ballerina.
- I would hire a maid and landscaper if I could.
- I’m a dog person.
- I love being tall.
- Even though I don’t like Taylor Swift, I’d take my daughters to see her if they wanted to.
- My family is the greatest gift I’ve ever received.
Questions for my nominees
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Princess or Superhero? Why?
- If you could relive one day of your life which would it be?
- Do you have a tattoo? If so, what is it? If not, why not?
- If you could confront anyone from your past, who would it be and why?
- If you could get rid of all the songs from a particular singer, whose would you delete and why?
- Rank the colors of the rainbow from best to worst and state why?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t had the guts to try?
- What web site do you have to look at every day?
- Have you ever resorted to a fad diet to try to lose weight?
- If you could go back and change your past, knowing what you know now, would you?
Thank you Jade and Courtney for the nomination. I really appreciate it.
And to my nominees, keep on blogging!