This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Hello, Sunshine! In our house my husband and five-year-old LOVE Nutella. Honestly, it’s gross how much of it the two of them can eat. It’s at the point that my daughter asks to hide the Nutella from my husband and he always finds it. We all have a sweet spot for cheesecake, so I decided to combine the two and create a Nutella Mascarpone Cheesecake. To make the cheesecake even more exciting, I used organic coconut sugar for the first time.
I’ve never baked with or added coconut sugar to anything before. Yes, I’m a true coconut sugar virgin. I decided to scoop out a small amount of the sugar and try it before I added it to my Nutella Mascarpone Cheesecake. I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn’t overly sweet and doesn’t taste like coconut at all. It has more of a caramel flavor and I love caramel.
Viva Labs Organic Coconut Sugar looks a lot like sugar in the raw. The crystals are larger than cane sugar and I was worried that it wouldn’t blend well. Thankfully, the crystals quickly blended with my mascarpone and cream cheese. There was a distinct color difference. The combination was honey colored instead of your typical ivory cheesecake, but that didn’t matter at all. I really liked the coconut sugar and I LOVE that it is non-GMO, organic and contains vitamins so many of us are desperately needing in our lives.
Fun Facts About Viva Labs Organic Coconut Sugar:
- Low-Glycemic Sweetener – Helps support blood sugar levels
- 1:1 Ratio – Replaces sugar cup-for-cup for all of your baking needs
- Mild Sweet Flavor – Great for those who enjoy the flavor of caramel
- Rich Nutritional Content – Good source of potassium, calcium, zinc, iron and B vitamins
- Naturally Derived – Sourced from the sap of organic, non-GMO sustainably grown coconut palm
And now for the recipe…
Nutella Mascarpone Cheesecake
Per Serving 686 calories
Fat 45 g
Carbs 62 g
Protein 10 g
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups viva labs organic coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 pre made chocolate pie crusts
- Beat the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and coconut sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each egg. Add in the lemon juice and vanilla. Fold in the Nutella and beat until smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the pie crusts. Bake for 45 minutes or until the center jiggles when shaken. The cake will firm up when it is cold. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold.
My recipe was adapted from Giada DeLaurentis Mascarpone Cheesecake.
Have you ever baked or used coconut sugar?