Burning the Midnight Oil

It looks like I’ll be burning the midnight oil on Christmas Eve.

When a Christmas package was delivered to our house, my 2-year-old princess ran, grabbed her keys and tried with all her might to carve the box open.

image image

After her failure to open the box, she begged me to open it for her. I had to look inside and tell her the store sent an empty box. Needless to say, the screaming and crying began, followed by the comment, “Come on man.”

With her persistence no wrapped Christmas gift will be safe or untouched under our Christmas tree. Luckily, big brother is at school all day and it is much easier to hide his presents. Maybe he’ll keep the Christmas gift mystery alive, but I highly doubt it.

I hope I have a lot of hiding places and plenty of boxes to hide their presents!

Signature

• LisaLisa says:

Thanks for following me! I just added myself to your GFC!!Love your blog, this post was to funny. It’s funny to see how our children react to seeing those boxes come in. Mine do the same thing…she thinks every box is for her and I should open them all. LOL Have a Gr8 Holiday!

• @ LisaLisa, Oh to be a kid again! Seeing their reactions around the Holidays bring out the kid in me. Thank you so much for stopping by! ~Cheers!

• Candice says:

Oh my goodness…I haven’t even thought about needing to have a hiding place for gifts. Up until this point, my 2 1/2 year old hasn’t really know what’s going on. Now, he is into EVERYTHING. So I know my son will be just as persistant as your daughter 😉 Thanks for stopping by my blog…following you back!

• Candice, I don’t remember my son getting into stuff as much as she does. I think because she’s the second child she’s more adventurous. Thank you for stopping by!

• GraceinAZ says:

She is too cute! And persistent! Good luck keeping secrets around her!
    I am blog hopping & following you from 99% weekday hop. Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/. Hugs, GraceinAZ

• Wendy says:

Wow what a great post don’t you love their little reactions so sweet. I have to hide mine at a friends just in case. Have a great day my friend.

always Wendy

• Wendy, Kids are too funny! That’s a great idea to hide their kids at friend’s house. Have a beautiful day!

• Crystal says:

What a cute kid! ; )

xx, Crystal
    @watermoolen
    FB: watermoolen

• Fawn says:

It’s so funny how smart kids are and yet will let you get away with something like telling her the store sent an empty box. In a couple days, she’s going to come to you and say, “Mom, I was thinking about the empty box and I think we should call the store together…” LOL – can’t wait! I’m subscribing to your RSS feed so I always know when you have a new post :).

• Fawn says:

I tried to subscribe and received an error message. Maybe I did something wrong but you may want to test it out and see just in case it’s not just me. 🙂

• Fawn, I had success using the feedburner subscription. Please let me know if you still having issues regarding subscribing to My Rays of Sunshine.

• she is so cute
    I hated waiting for the christmas night to have my gifts when i was little
    so that is normal…

have a nice and stylish weekend darling
    come and say hi
    The Dolls Factory

• Ginny Marie says:

What a persistent little girl you’ve got! You are definitely going to need to find some good hiding places.